Pages

Wednesday, August 24, 2016

The Girl With All The Gifts...WOW

Here I am again having finished another wild and unexpected book courtesy of my friend Nikki. This one is not only a page-turner, it is a book that will make you think and question the things you think you know about life, the world around you, and most of all how you think you will react to particular situations. Sounds familiar right? Seems like just a book or two ago I was having this same crisis.

It is difficult to explain all my feelings about this book and its characters, simply because by doing so I may give away the plot. However I will try to do it justice without giving too many spoilers. Melanie, the main character, is a child of high intellegence and a really unusual life. Spending all of her time in captivity, she relishes in the small freedoms that come from learning and her favorite teacher Miss Justineau. She does not care for the soldiers or the doctors that are always around and locking her away.

What I learned was that Melanie is not only a little genius, she holds a very dark secret and strength that she did not know she had. The characters are sharp and well written. You will love to hate some of them, while hating that you love the others. The world described in the book will make you evaluate what you see around you, and question those dooms day theories.

Melanie proves just how quickly she can adapt and earns the respect of those who previously wanted to see her harmed. It is a book that is a bit out there with the genre from what I am used to, however I found that it did not matter. The relationships that were formed and the way the plot wove between the characters made me not want to put it away.

I recommend you check this one out..

The Girl With All The Gifts
M.R. Carey

Until the next time...happy reading!!
Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment