Pages

Sunday, October 2, 2016

Book before Movie or the other way around?

Hey everyone,
I know that it has been a while since I have posted anything new. Suffice it to say that sometimes life gets in the way of all the fun stuff ..like reading and blogging. But I am back and will do my best to post more often.
Now, back to my question.. do you prefer to read the book before seeing the movie, or the other way around? I have found that I am a book before movie kind of gal. My reasons are pretty simple and it basically boils down to this...I get more story from the book. Nothing against Hollywood or the movie industry in general, it's not their fault. They have two hours to tell the story and have to make cuts. I just prefer to get all the meaty bits and the crumbs too.
I have had others tell me they prefer the movie first because then when they read the book they get the surprise of the extra story. I would say that is a fair point.
So, I bet you have guessed this question has a point right? Well as I was recently shopping at my local Kroger and my husband off-handedly said.."Isn't that movie coming out based on that book?"...God how I love this man..he is always looking out for my book addiction. The book and movie he was referring to is "The Girl on the Train" and I snatched it up! After three days of getting interrupted I finally finished and I was floored. I will not give away specifics for those who have not read the book or seen the movie, but let me just say..WOW!
I was 20 pages from the end before it all came together for me and when it did it was as if I took a huge hit...how could I not have seen it?
If you have the chance, read the book whether you have seen the movie or not..either way you will not be disappointed.
Until next time..Happy reading! !
Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment