Pages

Thursday, July 28, 2016

Fiction or Non-Fiction that is the question

I am often asked whether I prefer fiction or Non-Fiction when I am choosing books to read. Well that choice becomes easier the older I get. The answer these days is a resounding Fiction! I am all for history and how if we don't learn from it we are doomed to repeat it..or something like that, but I just cannot imagine having to go through my life without the many lives I have lived through books. Before you start with all the talk about how I could just as easily have lived these lives by reading stories from history, let me just say..you go right ahead with that. I understand it is possible, however I choose to live a life of fantasy. Everything does not need to be logical in my world. I prefer to think outside the story. Some of my favorite authors are the ones who hit me with the plot twist that I did not see coming. I love that moment when my hand flies to my wide open mouth in total shock. What I love even more is when I throw down the book, walk away, realize I have to know what happens next, and dive back into the story. Yes, fiction is my go-to and I am not at all ashamed. So I am throwing this question out to all of you..what do you prefer? Fiction or Non-Fiction?

No comments:

Post a Comment