Pages

Saturday, July 30, 2016

Did I mention that I like a little food with my murder?

I do love a good murder mystery, and when you throw a few tasty treats into the mix... well I am well satisfied. So my most recent read had both intrigue and yummy goodness. A Pie to Die for: A Bakery Detectives Cozy Mystery by Stacy Alabaster had just enough pastry action to balance out the bitter taste of murder. When the lead character and sole-propieter of Rachael's Boutique Bakery finds that she is a suspect in the murder of a local food blogger, she whips up a recipe to clear her name. Her roommate Pippa and a sexy detective provide all the ingredients necessary to make this book interesting. With well written characters and fun storylines, Alabaster has shown us that cozy mysteries can be a great distraction from the heavy world of murder. This story is wrapped up nicely, as expected and gives us hints about more exciting and yummy mysteries to come. I recommend this book for anyone who is just jumping into reading, or for seasoned readers looking to take a break from your usual genre'. Check back often for more reviews and be sure to share my blog with all your reader friends! Until next time, happy reading, Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment